Self-contained cottage accommodation
Surrounded by tall pine trees in rural tranquility is Packhorse Cottage. This historic cottage has been furnished with warm wood fittings, rustic furniture, colourful rugs and great attention to detail.
Packhorse Cottage :
- 2 bedrooms
- Can sleep 5 comfortably.
- Main bedroom has a Queen size bed.
- Second bedroom has a single bed, a double bunk with a double bed at the bottom and a single bed at the top, and a second set of single bunk beds.
- Both bedrooms have comfortable beds, are cosily furnished, including patchwork quilts.
- Outside deck with furniture
- Open plan kitchen - comfortable living room facilities with modern gas heating system.
- Excellent bathroom facilities - shower, separate toilet.
- Laundry facilities.
- Linen and towels supplied
- Situated in a farm environment
- Packhorse Cottage
- $160 per night for 2.
- $30 per night for each extra person.
- Minimum stay 2 nights.
- From our Guest Book :
"...The cottage is too lovely for words, far better than a motel. The scenery is superb ... congratulations on achieving harmony with this beautiful earth ... we deeply appreciate the priviledge of becoming a part of your world, even though our stay was brief."
"Thank you for your welcome and the lovely cottage. We relaxed, walked, skiied and above all your beautiful veiws of the mountains and lake rejuvenate anyone instantly!"
"Thank you for allowing us a glimpse of your life in this heavenly place. The cottage was a perfect haven for us and this setting a peaceful highlight of our visit to NZ."
"We had a fantastic 10 days here - the fishing was great, scenery superb, and the weather was perfect! The girls loved the chooks and dogs - they don't want to leave you all !!"
"Thank you very much for the lovely peaceful farm stay. We enjoyed the cottage, walking around the farm and Lake Hawea. Also happy to see a lot of sheep, dogs, horses and the chickens. This is certainly my favourite place to stay in NZ."
New Zealand Tourism Online Official Membership
Things to do :
- Gladstone Mountain Bike Track/Walking/Hiking trail just minutes down the road (which in turn links to numerous other tracks)
- Walking, fishing, exploring the farm, relaxing by the lake
- 3 Ski fields within 1 hour, mountain biking in summer
- Golf courses at Hawea and Wanaka
- Visit the nearby vineyards
- Lake Hawea Motor Inn and Sailz Cafe 5 minutes drive away, both serve delicious meals
- Wanaka 20 minutes drive - with excellent shops, restaurants and bars
- Queenstown 1 hours drive - with many adventure activities and international airport
- Nearby is the homestead garden, which was landscaped by Alfred Buxton in 1937 and has beautiful views of Lake Hawea and surrounding mountains
© Copyright 2020 Kristian Kihn